“If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you’ll work until you die”– Warren Buffet
Who doesn’t like some extra cash? Today, you could be anyone working anywhere and still earn more money without having to spend long hours. Sounds cool right!
You would’ve heard the words ‘Passive income’ pop up numerous times these days. Especially, after the pandemic, the number of people indulging in such options has risen drastically. Do you know what’s even better? The fact that you could earn so much money just by doing something online.
There were several people who found earning from online platforms more profitable and easier, that they started working on it full time. But that’s a whole new topic in itself. Just remember, making an additional income flow beyond your avid participation is the smartest thing you could do for yourself.
So, here are 8 amazing ideas you can try out to earn some extra bucks. If you’ve found what works for you no doubt you’ll be cashing even while sleeping!
1. Marketing strategy with LinkedIn in 2021
LinkedIn is the largest professional network on the internet. With LinkedIn, you can find jobs and internships, connect and establish professional relationships, learn and upgrade skills for your career building or business enhancement. Moreover, you can use LinkedIn for writing articles, posting podcasts, videos, photos, organizing meetings, and events as well.
The main purpose of LinkedIn is to draw people to you, widen your network of business contacts, exhibit your skills and knowledge and build business relationships.
You can access LinkedIn from your desktop or through LinkedIn mobile apps. Create your LinkedIn profile with a smiling, casual photograph and a short, clear description showcasing your –
- Industry in which you’re
- Services you offer.
The keywords which you use in the description are of utmost importance in delivering your specialties. They influence much of your success or failure on LinkedIn.
Build a connection with the people interested and involved in your area. Join LinkedIn groups to identify your prospective clients, have a regular healthy interaction with them.
People mainly use LinkedIn to stay updated on trends. So, Include your relevant content on trending topics that benefit your network or niche. Also, share other people’s content that inspired you.
2. Find a Niche Market that Produces Money
A niche is a group of people who have interests in specific types of products and services. Selling and marketing products and services to cater to the needs of these groups is called Niche Marketing.
Choose your niche considering
- Your passion
- Your interests and hobbies
- Your strengths and skills
- Things that make you happy and keep you engaged
Before choosing your niche, follow these steps –
First, list out all niches that you are interested in and search each of them on Amazon and other eCommerce sites.
Second, do basic and in-depth keyword research on Google. It shows all potential niches to enter into.
If you have some niche options, search each at a time on a keyword explorer tool like Ahrefs’, SEMrush, or MOZ toolbar and get a basic idea about each niche based on the SEO competition. Then grade them as per your level of interest.
Next, research how people are making money in these markets through Google Ads data or Google keyword planner and find out the CPC (cost per click).
Look into their advertisements on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. Search for your niches on Amazon Affiliate Marketplace, eBay, Alibaba, LinkShare, Commission Junction to compare their trend pattern.
Based on these data, you’ll get a clear view regarding the
- Companies that are advertising in your niche and its market demand
- Stable trend pattern that doesn’t decline
- Search volume on Google and the sales data of the products
- Engagement of people on various platforms in your niche
Now that you’ve chosen your suitable niche. Build a website for you on WordPress and create themes and plugins that are – cost-effective, mobile-friendly, and SEO-friendly.
Monetize it through one or more of the profitable ways –
- Become an affiliate marketer
- Become a freelance blogger
- Sell eBooks
- Start a consulting business
- Monetize with display/banner ads
- Promote a paid membership plan
- Sell online course
- Yield income through sponsored posts and reviews
- Email marketing
- Sell digital products or physical products to your niche
- Start a podcast
3. Graphic designing and marketing trends in 2021
Graphic design is the visual combination of elements of art communicating ideas, through typography, images, colors, and texts. The digital evolution has a larger impact on graphic designing, proven to be beneficial to business advancement. Graphic designs express themselves in the global market with a lot of new trends.
Tools for graphic designing
Following are some of the trending tools for graphic designers –
- Voxel Art uses 3D pixels to create animations, illustrations, video games, design plans, and architecture.
- Electric Fade is a gradient design blended with turquoises, cyans, magentas, and purples. They are vivid and versatile, widely used in logos, website backgrounds, apps, book covers, and more.
- Typography Illustration is art with single or chunks of texts or numbers. They provide visually appealing texts that convey messages and promote legibility. They are extremely used to create messages for a target audience of a particular brand.
- Figure Isolation contains 3D human figures wrapped around with a background containing colors, shapes, figures, and texts, which could be completely removed and placed in another environment. This is mainly used in collage art frame designs.
- Redline is characterized by an attractive combination of red, black and white colors. This is mostly used in black and white photography, outdoor advertising, packaging, and printing.
- Psychedelic is an art inspired by psychedelic experiences and hallucinations. These graphic designs take you to a new destination both visually and emotionally.
- Monochromatic literally means one color. This graphic design is made with a variety of shades of a base color, ranging from lighter to darker.
How to generate income as a graphic designer?
- Design and sell graphic templates and stickers
- Create and sell graphic designed t-shirts
- Create Social media graphics content
- Create elegant fonts
- Design logo packages
- Conduct workshops and webinars
4. Selling an EBook online
EBook also referred to as Electronic Book, is a book converted into a digital format to be read on any digital device like computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
Benefits of EBooks
They are portable and lightweight. A single EBook reader can carry thousands of eBooks. You can read any number of eBooks on one single device.
You don’t need to search for a printer or a publisher as in the case of the physical paper book. Enormous software tools and platforms are available for designing and publishing eBooks online.
EBooks are downloaded and stored for later use. Their contents can be updated at any time as they are mostly cloud-based.
Designing and marketing EBooks
Some of the software tools available for designing your own ebook are –
- Google Docs
You can publish your ebook on platforms like
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing or Amazon KDP
- Apple iBooks
- Barnes & Noble’s
Blurb Bookstore allows both designing and selling platforms. You can sell eBooks on their own platform and also on other platforms like Amazon, Barnes & Noble’s and Apple iBook.
5. Make money through WordPress themes and plugIns
WordPress initially started as a blog publishing tool, then thrived into a robust Content Management System (CMS) and a dominant Website Builder. WordPress is
- Easy to install and use
- Offers responsive design and media management
- Provides customized themes and plugins
- Best platform for blogging
- SEO friendly
- Minimal coding
- WooCommerce for Ecommerce
It offers impressive customized themes and plugins for building websites relevant to blogging, eCommerce or online store, business, online courses, membership, online marketplace, podcast, dropshipping, fashion, travel, multilingual, social network, and many more.
Recent studies estimated that over 60 million websites use WordPress, around 400 million people visit WordPress sites every month, and nearly 600 new websites are created daily.
Today it is possible for the developers and designers to earn in 6 figures and above from their premium themes and plugins.
Designing and marketing WordPress themes and plugins
WordPress offers an automated theme builder, on which you can design your customized themes and plugins with no coding knowledge at all.
Before creating a theme or a plugin, you have to decide the niche audience that you prefer to sell. The market is more competitive and has huge traffic. Choosing the right niche and their expectations are of utmost importance.
After you’ve created one, it’s time to market in any of the following top marketplaces –
6. Design and sell your own digital products
Digital Product is a product that is created and sold online. Unlike physical products, digital products don’t need manufacturers, inventory, packing, shipping, and logistics. End-users can access them easily by downloading them as digital files. Digital products are created only once and downloaded as many times as you required.
Profitable and trending digital products to sell online in 2021
- Digital magazines and newspapers
- Digital templates for eBook, Excel, SpreadSheet, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and many more.
- Digital planners for students, teachers, business, fitness, architecture, daily activities, etc.
- Digital art and graphic designs
- Softwares like apps, games, web design, website themes, and plugins, etc
- Audios like songs, instrumental tracks, podcasts, ringtones, sound effects, etc.
- Videos like Youtube content, webinars, short films, animations, documentaries, tutorials, etc
Developing tools for digital products
A vast number of tools are available for creating these products. Some of them are –
- Zoomag, Zinepal, Issuu, etc. for E-magazines and newspapers
- Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Gantt Chart, etc. for templates
- Adobe InDesign, Keynote App, etc. for digital planners
- Voxel Art, Typography, Affinity photo, Procreate, etc. for art and graphic designs
- Ionic, Unity, Bootstrap, etc for software development
- GarageBand, Audacity, Animoto, etc for audios and videos
Marketing and advertising platforms for digital products
A great number of platforms are available for monetization of digital products such as LucidPress, Etsy, Shopify, SellMyApp, CodeCanyon, Amazon, iTunes, Sellfy, BigCommerce, etc.
7. Create and Monetize a Podcast
A podcast is a series of digital audio files that can be downloaded to your personal device. It is less crowded and competitive.
Before starting one, plan ahead of the subject you’re talking about. It could be a specific topic or for a specific niche.
There are a lot of topics trending in 2021 for making podcasts. Some are, travel, book review, movie review, a podcast for kids, interview, comedy, commentary, mystery theme, behind the scenes of industry, documentary, business, etc.
You could do a solo podcast or with a co-host if you have any. It would be more conversational and you could share your work too.
Creation and sales of your podcast
The essential equipment needed to record your podcast is – a computer, a good microphone, audio interface, mixer, pop filter or windscreen, headphone, headphone amplifier, mic stand, shock mount, microphone cables, and acoustic treatment.
A number of robust tools are available on the online market for recording and editing podcasts. Some of those include –
- Adobe Audition
- Apple Logic Pro X
- Anchor. FM
Edit with a piece of appealing background music. Choose either copyright-free music or a licensed one. Having your own podcast website could be even more advantageous to have more visitors.
For hosting and monetizing your podcast, choose a trustworthy platform that –
- Embeds a podcast player on your website
- Connects listeners, podcast creators, and advertisers in one place, both on web and mobile apps.
8. Start an online tutoring business
Online tutoring is a teaching method that takes place over the internet, involving either one professional tutor to one student or a group of students. It involves face-to-face interaction. It is not necessary that the teacher and the student should know each other.
Initially online tutoring mainly focused on subjects like Math, Science, English, and other languages. But then, the focus extended to teaching activity-based subjects like Physical education, art, yoga, and many more.
Benefits of online tutoring
- More convenient
- Access to a wider range of best tutors
- Students can get suitable tutors as per their requirements
- Fun and engaging for students
- Students learn in a comfortable environment
- Online tutoring sites offer training facilities for the tutors
- Safe and secure
- Cheaper than in-person tutoring
- Improves the child’s computer skills
How do you earn through online tutoring
Choose a specific subject area that you teach. Explore through and find out the highly demandable subjects. Fix one in which you are an expert.
Choose a particular age level rather than teaching to all age groups. This helps you to make lesson planning easier. On top of that, it enables you to market your tutoring business more easily.
Software and tools needed for online tutoring
You need to set up an online classroom with the following tools –
- Web camera
- Video conferencing software for conducting sessions
- Digital whiteboard for writing and explaining as you do in the classroom
- Class schedule template to schedule your sessions
- Digital lesson planner to organize your lessons
- Google Drive to upload your presentations and maintain them into folders
Monetize your online tutoring business
After setting up your online classroom, fix your rates. There is no standard rule for pricing. You could fix whichever price is comfortable for you.
So, that’s the end of this post but there’s no end to ideas. The above is a specially curated list of tried and tested passive income methods that have been proven to be profitable. But innovation is what actually helps you earn the money. You could get creative either while implementing these ideas or you could mix and match some of them and come up with your own business model. Remember there are no limits to the Internet. So, start exploring, take your first step, and get earning everyone!